Council Chambers

Council Chambers

The Council Chamber is very much the way it was when Creswick Council moved next door. Much of the furniture was in the room when the Chamber was first established at the end of the 19th century for the Borough of Creswick. In 1934 the Borough and Shire of Creswick were combined. With amalgamation Kingston became the Shire Centre.

With amalgamation Kingston became the Shire Centre until after WW2 when the Municipal offices were moved to the Creswick Town Hall. In 1969 the Council Offices were moved into a new building next door (now the Creswick Library Hub). On the walls of the chamber are a collection of early Councillors of the Borough. Two oil paintings on display are of two prominent citizens of the area – Sir Alexander Peacock-Premier of Victoria and John Anderson (Shire President) painted by Longstaff.

Museum Australia (Vic) Archival Survival Volunteer Museum 2014
Place of Deposit, Public Records Office of Victoria
FacebookTripAdvisorGoogle Map

Museum Accreditation Program - Accredited Museum   State Government Victoria   Bendigo Bank   Creswick of the Lindsays Hepburn Shire Council

Sitemap | 2007 - 2017 © Creswick Museum | www.creswickmuseum.org.au - All Rights Reserved | Design by UBC Web DesignUBC Web Design logo